Continuation From Email:
3) They also look for women on their cell
phone, searching through their purse or doing other
activities while walking because they are off guard and can be easily overpowered.
4) Men are most likely to attack & rape in the early morning,
between 5:00a.m. and 8:30a.m.
5) The number one place women are abducted from/attacked is
grocery store parking lots . Number two is office
parking lots/garages. Number three is public restrooms.
6) The thing about these men is that they are looking to
grab a woman and quickly move her to another location where they
don’t have to worry about getting caught.
7) Only 2% said they carried weapons because rape carries a 3-5 year sentence but rape with a weapon is 15-20 years. 8 ) If you put up any kind of a fight at all, they get discouraged because it only takes a minute or two for them to realize that going after you isn’t worth it because it will be time-consuming. 9) These men said they would not pick on women who have umbrellas, or other similar objects that can be used from a distance, in their hands.Keys are not a deterrent because you have to get really close to the attacker to use them as a weapon. So, the idea is to convince these guys you’re not worth it. 10) Several defense mechanisms he taught us are: If someone is following behind you on a street or in a garage or with you in an elevator or stairwell, look them in the face and ask them a question , like what time is it, or make general small talk: “I can’t believe it is so cold out here”, “we’re in for a bad winter.” Now you’ve seen their face and could identify them in a line-up; you lose appeal as a target. 11) If someone is coming toward you , hold out your hands in front of you and yell STOP or STAY BACK ! Most of the rapists this man talked to said they’d leave a woman alone if she yelled or showed that she would not be afraid to fight back . Again, they are looking for an EASY target. 12) If you carry pepper spray (this instructor was a huge advocate of it and carries it with him wherever he goes,) yell I HAVE PEPPER SPRAY and holding it out will be a deterrent. Please take a second to register for our next FREE Women’s Self-Defense Seminar.. Space is Limited so Hold Your Spot By Filling in the Information Below! You must be 14 or Older. 13) If someone grabs you , you can’t beat them with
strength but you can by outsmarting them If you are grabbed
around the waist from behind, pinch the attacker either under the
arm (between the elbow and armpit) OR in the upper inner
thigh VERY VERY HARD One woman in a class this guy taught
told him she used the underarm pinch on a guy who was trying to date
rape her and was so upset she broke through the skin and tore out
muscle strands – the guy needed stitches. Try pinching yourself
in those places as hard as you can stand it; it hurts.
14) After the initial hit, always GO for the GROIN . I know
from a particularly unfortunate experience that if you slap a guy’s parts
it is extremely painful . You might think that you’ll anger the guy
and make him want to hurt you more, but the thing these rapists told our
instructor is that they want a woman who will not cause a lot of trouble.
Start causing trouble and he’s out of there.
15) When the guy puts his hands up to you ,grab his
first two fingers and bend them back as far as possible with a s much
pressure pushing down on them as possible ! The instructor did it to
me without using much pressure, and I ended up on my knees and both
knuckles cracked audibly.
16) Of course the things we always hear still apply. Always be
aware of your surroundings, take someone with you if you can and if
you see any odd behavior, don’t dismiss it, go with your
instincts!!! You may feel a little silly at the time, but you’d
feel much worse if the guy really was trouble.
1 . Tip from Muay Thai Kickboxing: The elbow is the strongest point
on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans . If a robber asks
for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM Toss it
away from you….chances are that he is more interested in your wallet
and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN
LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back
tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like
crazy. The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will. This has
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping,
eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making
a list, etc. DON’T DO THIS!) The predator will be watching
you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the
passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS
SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
Please take a second to register for
our next FREE Women’s Self-Defense Seminar..
Space is Limited so Hold Your Spot By Filling
in the Information Below! You must be 14 or Older.
P.S. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF,
repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into
anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person
is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car
crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body
in a remote location.